Friday, March 16, 2012

Drive


Film-like, organic look
extended, clean highlights
extremely low noise floor
natural skin tones
excellent color separation
cinematic depth of field
Wide exposure latitude of 14 stops
EI 800 base sensitivity (EI 160 to EI 3200)
Sharp, natural images for 2K and HD

“I rated the camera at 800 [ASA],” he continues. “I think the myth of digital is that you underexpose because it can’t hold the highlights like film. I find that when you underexpose digital more than a little bit, very often you increase your noise level significantly. What’s extraordinary about the Alexa is that even if I pushed the sensor to 1,600 [ASA] there was very little noise, and I could actually underexpose quite a bit without introducing noise in the blacks. The dynamic range was mind-boggling.” Newton Thomas Sigel

After watching the movie Drive tonight I had to look up what kind of camera and who was the cinematographer because not only is this a fantastic movie but it is so cool looking and beautifully edited, lit and directed.

I didn't think I'd ever be blogging about Ryan Gosling. I mean he's a good actor and all...but I was so so. Well, he has won me over. He is some kind of weird mix of boy next door in the land of Jim Thompson. Compelling. I could not take my eyes off him. I could have watched this movie if it was 6 hours long. And Albert Brooks is lovely. If you're like me and way behind on seeing movies...just go see this movie now. Brilliant! 10/10



No comments:

generated by sloganizer.net