Friday, June 26, 2009

Acting With An Accordion



Rachel Weisz found learning the accordion "silly." The actress' character in "The Brothers Bloom" plays several musical instruments, and although she had to take hours of lessons before shooting started, she had the most difficulty with the bellowing squeezebox.

She explained: "We were in Serbia when we were doing the scenes and I learned the accordion with a professor who spoke no English and I spoke no Serbian. I just wish someone had made a documentary of me trying to learn the accordion because it was so silly."

"Then I had to learn the banjo, guitar and fiddle. I was doing my homework in my room for hours. Learning the chords. I had to look as if I knew how to play these instruments."

As well as becoming an amateur musician, Rachel also had to undertake magic lessons, which was the toughest part of her preparation.

2 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

This actually looks like a really decent movie, Candy! Thanks for the heads' up.

mister anchovy said...

I always like con movies and heist movies, especially the ones that focus on the characters.

generated by sloganizer.net