Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Here We Come


Well today we start. In an earlier post here that I'm setting up an art group at the soup kitchen I work at. Stagg is on holiday this week so he's is helping me...thanks! Stagg!! (I'm so glad Stagg is interested in coming too. I'm actually a little nervous. I know I don't seem like the nervous type but I have my moments. I'm totally fine with public speaking though. It's just kind of nervous energy...excited though!) Stagg is way better at this stuff than I am and he has had so many awesome ideas. I love collaborating with him on anything...but this is so great because he's so cool! We are meeting a friend Andy for coffee in Wicker Park first this morning...(from a bookclub) and he's also helping us out. Above you can see we've made some flyers and posters. I also cut out tons of piictures. words, images from magazines for collage stuff. We DO have some donations from art supply stores too. Some sales reps from local stores are working on getting stuff so over the next month or so we should be able to build up some great supplies. I went in the day time for the last two weeks to meet and hang out with some case workers and some clients. Just casual to get acclimatized to the daytime clients. Father Manny is arranging a bunch of snacks for us to have while we work in the dining room today. Maybe with any luck I'll get some pictures, we'll see. Cheers!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

I just know this is going to be therapeutic for everyone. A wonderful thing to do. Hope you don't mind I called out for you over on McC site. I feel I need to pull away, but, selfishly, it is more interesting when the knowledgeable and feisty folks mix it up. I learn more!Good luck with this great project.
Margaret/P.

Candy Minx said...

Thanks Janet! Guess what? I made lists and kept thinking...what do we need what do we need. I forgot PENCILS! But it was a fun laugh when we realized.

Margeret/Penelope, no I was laughing very hard when you said "edgy but humane" at McC forum. I thought you were great. We had the best day and you're right I think it was "therapeutic" for all of us. It was fun to see for the first hour we were all quiet working away in the room together. Everyone made some great stuff.

Gardenia said...

I am just so excited about this - I hope you get lots of pictures - I love the syngery of getting a group together for art - this is going to be such a high!!! Do not be nervous - this is going to be such a rich gift to people

tweetey30 said...

Good luck my friend and glad to hear you have such a great hubby.. I know when I need idea's for blankets Jeff always helps me.. LOL.. he is way better at the colors than I am...

generated by sloganizer.net