Saturday, February 07, 2009

Fancypants Quote...


A buddy in my Shakespeare bookclub had recently seen the following clips I had put together on my YouTube page about a workshop video I made...and he said it reminded him of a quote by Bertrand Russell. He tracked down the quote...and although I have posted this video here before I am going to again...with this quote. Now...with this quote it sounds like I actually know what I'm doing and I feel very fancypants...

"The story of Cain and Abel is a piece of propaganda intended to show that shepherds are more virtuous than plougmen." Bertrand Russell.

From In Praise of Idleness and Other Essays, Chapter 8 (Western Civilization), near the end of the 4th paragraph.

1 comment:

The Preacherman said...

"God is alive and well and living in my fridge" - The Preacher

That was very interesting Candy. Thank you.

generated by sloganizer.net