Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bettie Page R.I.P. but Immortal Goddess


I wonder how many tattoos there are in the world of Bettie Page. I have a few friends who have tats of her and she had a huge resurgence with punks and goths in the 1980's and 1990's. Page was from Tennesse and was unique for her photos in sexy outfits with a big smile on her face.

"I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn’t trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didn’t think of myself as liberated, and I don’t believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didn’t know any other way to be, or any other way to live." Bettie Page.


Gretchen Moll is excellent as the pin-up girl in this recent movie.

3 comments:

pjazzypar said...

I was actually going to post about Bettie Page. I learned about her about ten years ago when I was doing some research for a course. How fascinating it must have been to be the first true pin-up girl. My best friend (who happens to be male) informed me of her significance.

tweetey30 said...

For some reason she looks familiar like I have seen her in other films or some place important anyway.

* (asterisk) said...

It wasn't a bad film, The Notorious..., actually, was it?

A total icon.

generated by sloganizer.net