Monday, November 10, 2008

Chicagoland Party!


We had a wedding reception with our family and friends this Saturday. We all met at a great restaurant called Don Juans in Edison Park. I will post pictures from the family gathering, although you can see some of the friends and family in the following video. (there were 35 of us, lots of margeritias and snacks) Sara and Steve, from my online bookclub joined us. Sara lives in Chicago...and Steve drove with his friend Betty from Iowa! Steve and I have known each other since spring 2000, having written many e-mails and participated in tons of book discussions. But we had never "met in real life"...this was so great! Above is a picture (my cell phone, sorry) of Steve, Sara and I.

I just put this video together of brief outtakes of the weekend. It's kind of disjointed because I was busy all day...reorganizing Stagg's studio, assembling shelves and out all afternoon with Sara, for coffee and groceries. The first face you see is Stagg's good buddy Jim. I couldn't believe it but Steve, Jim and Stagg all love Gov't Mule and Moe!!!! You can get a quick feel for the reception...and then there is a quick solo of Joanna Connor, and then some visiting in the hotel Sunday morning with Betty and Steve.

Steve took most of these pictures. This one is Betty in front of the stage at Buddy Guys. I am way too tired to post much more than these pics and the video. We saw Joanna Connor, Harmonica Hids and Carl Weathersby at Buddy Guys.


Beautiful Steve and Betty.

I am very happy after a huge dinner. Jim had a burger. Betty and I had ribs with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and she had a pecan pie and I had the chocolate cake with khalua sauce! Stagg had chicken fried steak and Steve had catfish. And Stagg ate what I couldn't finish. Click on yellow text to see pictures of ribs and the amazing chocolate cake.

Joanna Connor. I'm sorry I can't remember her guitarist right now...but he played the most beautiful warm oaky sounds on his gibson. (hey Steve...click on the yellow text and you can see pics of Joanna last time we saw her play)

Joanna Connor.



Carl Weathersby.

Corey, the guitarist with Carl Weathersby.

6 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend!

tweetey30 said...

Looks like a beautiful time.. Glad to hear you are happy...

brassawe said...

Betty gets the credit for the musician photos, Candy.

Candy Minx said...

Oh thanks Steve, she did an amazing job of the musician photos! Thanks Betty and thanks for forwarding them to us.

We had a blast!

Gardenia said...

Beautiful Candy, I think.

You always have what seems to be a wonderful time around you. I'm glad this is such a joyous time - it should be - isn't that marvelous to think about!!!!!

Candy Minx said...

Thanks Gardenia, we are having a great time. We are "late bloomers", Stagg and I, and one of the things we have in common is that we are both dreamers. Some of our dreams are coming true! We get stressed out too and just try not to be too much of a drama queens!

:)

generated by sloganizer.net