Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet Glen Campbell


SPIN Magazine: Your mug shot was everywhere a couple of years ago. What do you think of the way celebrities are covered now?


Campbell: Some people don't like to forgive. That's not God's way. God don't lie and B.S. you. I tell you, I've been so happy since I married Kim. Well, maybe after I straightened her out a little. Ha ha! (click on yellow text and read the rest of the SPIN blurb)


The new album Meet Glen Campbell features cover songs of The Foo Fighters, Green Day, Tom Petty, The Velvet Underground and a beautiful version of "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails.

5 comments:

Gardenia said...

Another great - this man's music has been so much a part of my life through the years - I had lost track, I am glad to know he is making more music!

tweetey30 said...

Never heard of the man but hey I do like NIN, and have heard of the FOO Fighters but dont have any of there music.

Candy Minx said...

You know, I used to not like Glen Campbell's music. A long time aao. I had negative associations with it ...but I kind of came to really like the nostalgia...almost the karoki-ness...and actually I really like some of his songs. I think "Galveston" and "phoenix" and several others are really great songs and he is an amazing interpreter of them. I love his voice and style now. IFrom what I've heard of this album, it is so far, very good.

Anonymous said...

Wichita Lineman. Greatest song ever written.

mister anchovy said...

I think Mr. Campbell is an excellent song writer and quite a good guitar picker too. I read somewhere that he was a member of The Champs, who recorded Tequila, but I don't know if it is true. I'm not a big fan of his vocal stylings. Have you heard Johnny Cash's version of Gentle on my Mind, with Mr. Campbell subtly singing backup. I find that version of that song to be be a very emotional experience.

generated by sloganizer.net