Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Party With Cormac!

Deana and I hamming it up in front of the tv.

That's us in the kitchen watching the video streams on Oprah website. We had a wonderful evening. A few tears in my eyes during the interview...it was deeply moving to me. As a friend said to me today...we saw that the man behind Blood Meridian is a real mensch! He was everything I felt about him meeting him last year...and to hear him talk about personal memories and his attitude towards work and writing really was touching. We also had so many laughs last night a terrific evening ...I made a killer hummous if I do say so myself and the bagel dogs I put in the oven...for 7 minutes...got so excited and forgot about them...till about two hours later...but we still choked them down.

3 comments:

Gardenia said...

Sounds like a delightful evening! I really need to do the Oprah video - she is a hero of mine!

Underground Baker said...

Hey Candy,
I haven't had a chance to see the out-takes yet. Wish I was there for the party last night!
I really enjoyed the interview. Mz. O seemed a little, well, uhmm, reserved or even uncomfortable when she asked questions. Could she have been in awe???
The library sounds soooo cool, a great place to get lost in.
I am pooped...you'll see why if you pop by.
Goodnight.

Red said...

1) Can I have your recipe for that killer hummous, please?

2) Love those combat curtains... rad!

3) The angle of that last picture is fabulous! It tells me (along with the laid-out table, the ear-to-ear smiles and the blurry pics of the telly) that you guys had a truly wonderful evening together! Good on you!

generated by sloganizer.net