Friday, November 17, 2006

Angels and Devils

A guardian angel was looking out for Chris Cornell when a truck hit him on his motorcycle yesterday. If you ever get a chance to see Audioslave, do it. They are like seeing three bands in one. Chris Cornell is not only one of my favourite singers ever, he is a total hottie and seeing Soundgarden back in the day is one of my badges of honour. Cornell is also 6'3" which is wild for a rock star as they are rarely taller than 5'7". I present that factoid for Tiffo or Ian's mum who are height obsessed :)

Chris Cornell, please take care of your self. You have given me so many hours of happiness, either laying in bed staring at the ceiling listening to your incredible voice and poetry, or drinking around a bonfire with friends or dancing dancing dancing. You make the world a better place. If visitors are afraid of the rock, you can enjoy a massive wicked interpretation of Soundgarden by Johnny Cash who lives Rusty Cage.

I love the new Bond song. The lyrics are so perfect, "you know my name".

After a rather crazy day yesterday, so crazy, I missed my bus stops, got lost, thought the world was insane, and learned that evil can manifest in the oddest forms, like that of a chubby old lady with a fluffy cat, my wonderful boyfriend noticed an ad for The Rebirth Brass Band playing in town. Not only were they playing in town, they were in our hood! I wrote about their movie we saw at The Gene Siskel Film Centre last spring, God, Guns, Crack, Kids and Rebirth. What a wonderful way to end a long day battling the criminally insane by dancing for a couple of hours to this awesome New Orleans energy! ( I forgot my camera, so we might go back again to night, see how fucked up the crazy day was, I forgot my camera!)

Pranam, Thank you goddess for music!

2 comments:

thehealingroom said...

Hi Candy,
I hope Chris is ok. Truck and motorcycle....it is a miracle that he is alive.
As for height.
Gord Downey seems tall to me.

The Hip are going to be playing New Year's Eve in Chicago.
Then they come straight up to Victoria to do 2 nights here.
hmmm.

Candy Minx said...

Oh wow, we were just talking about the Hip today! Well, I better find out where they're playing. I've seen them lots of times and Gord Downey is kinda tall now that you mention it, for a rock star, um 5'10""? Thanks for your e-mail! I'm feeling a lot better than Iwas the other day when I e-mailed you...

generated by sloganizer.net